Wednesday 5 June 2013

Starting to be Green

This is about my journey on the Green Path. As a baby boomer, the whole green issue has been in the background of my life but until recently I did not connect with it clearly. Now I do want to live a "greener" life and it is something quite deep that seems to be happening. It isn't that straightforward though and I am going to write about the process of going more green for the first month. The ups and downs and where I get stuck. Some things are easy. I'm drinking Clipper organic tea from non bleached teabags. They may cost a few pence more but that does not matter, it is a simple choice to make. What I heard myself say yesterday was "But I don't want to turn of the tap as I brush my teeth." It feels somehow mean. There is this aspect of being green which I baulk against. Frugality isn't something I naturally embrace. I am into abundance and proserity. Watching the water I use suggests not trusting that there is enough. I suspect I'll need to work on this one. Does it really help, to reduce the water I use in brushing my teeth? There could be an upside though. If I decided to spend longer on actually brushing, so that it wasn't such a hurried procedure, then turning of the tap would not feel like an imposition and a nuisance. I might try that out and see if it feels a better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment